Thursday, July 8, 2010

I did it!

I just ran 5k and feeling pretty good about it. I know, this is small change for some of you, but I'm still proud of myself.

Something I learned trying to get back into running shape since Isla, eat before you run! I've known this for awhile but haven't really put much thought into it. Well anyhow, I started running after Isla came, and I was having a terrible time, getting major cramps, feeling horrible....then I remembered that I needed to eat an hour or more before I went jogging. What a difference it has made. I've learned an apple isn't enough, I need a bit more than that, and it needs to be good energy food. Anyhow, you all probably know this already, but just in case not, I hope this helps. :)

4 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

Great job Allison!! I think it's a great accomplishment since you just had a baby a few months ago, so way to go!
I've had the opposite problem, and realized I need to wait longer then an hour (probably 2) before running. ;) I've had horrible side aches lately, never had this issue before, but I think they are getting better!

JoshandMegs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jon, Kristin, and the kiddos said...

Way to go!!!! I've been the same way about eating before hand... but I've gone in phases. Sometimes I've done great at it, other times I don't do so well. But great job! I'm so glad that it is going well. You're doing awesome!

Park avenue said...

Thats fantastic lady!! I conquer with what you're saying. What's next for you now?