Thursday, August 26, 2010

Vibram FiveFingers



I do not own a pair of these, but I hear a lot of good about them. The people I know that wear these, love them. I am posting about it because Meagan mentioned some knee pain, and these shoes apparently help with that. My friend had knee pain when she would run, switched to these shoes, and no knee pain. I will note that my friends have stated there is a transition period, that their calves kill when they first switch because you use different muscles, or maybe use the same muscles but differently, when running in these. Some friends have ran their marathons in these. Anyhow, I thought I would share for those of you that are serious runners.

I have no idea how much these cost.


2 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

I think I would LOVE to have these. Though I do think they are expensive, so it'll take some time to afford them:) I'm glad you posted about them though because it will remind me.
It would be nice to not have knee pain!!

Jon, Kristin, and the kiddos said...

I've seen a few people with them and it makes me so curious as to what it would be like to run in them. I definitely imagine that they would take some getting use to, but I'd like to test them out just to see what I think about them. I've always assumed that they're pretty expensive too, especially for someone like me who thinks that regular running shoes are expensive. haha