Monday, March 29, 2010

5K Challenge

Alright Gang, Spring has arrived and warmer weather is trying to creep in. I think it's time we've all given ourselves an extra challenge. So here it is. I am challenging each of you to participate in a 5k walk, jog, or stroll (for the youngins). I know each of us can do it!

This would be a wonderful family activity for family home evening or any other time of the week. Whether you choose to do a race put on by an organization in your community or do your own family race is fine. You can go to the America's Running Routes site to map out your own trail.

I'm encouraging everyone to complete this challenge before the end of April! Trust me, it can be fun and done!

Here are a few rules:
  • Walk or jog in a 5K by the end of April.
  • Take pictures (at least one) so that we can post them on the blog
  • Have Fun!

I'm looking forward to hearing about the races!!!


Need some ideas to make a family 5K a bit more fun? Here's a few:
  • Pass out ribbons after everyone finishes
  • Have a picnic afterwards
  • Do your 5K on a greenbelt or in a park (somewhere pretty)
  • Encourage each other while you go

1 comment:

Park avenue said...

I'm already registered for 2 in May the 8th and the 15th.

I'll see about having our own on our greenbelt